And we'd love to buy you a coffee.
Mechatronics Product Engineer
Do you want to take your professional experience beyond a sliver of responsibility like concepts generation, making prototypes or creating presentations? Do you want the responsibility to develop a product that is actually manufactured and used by thousands of people everyday? Fellow is looking for a devoted mechatronics engineer like you.
Fellow’s mission is to help people perfect their ‘liquid craft’ by marrying professional knowledge, relevant functionality and thoughtful design. From the outside, Fellow makes high-end coffee equipment for the world’s best baristas and home enthusiasts. But peeking under the hood reveals many intertwined endeavor that make up the brand, which may help you understand Fellow’s growing attention and future growth ambitions.
Fellow is a small but ‘real’ company: revenue generated via product sales, products available at on- and off-line retailers like Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, West Elm, Amazon, and distributed internationally in over 40 countries. The products have won numerous design awards like international RedDot design award, are featured at MOMA design stores, and available in hundreds of the best cafes across America. Our physical retail store in the heart of Mission district, San Francisco, serves to be a playground to experiment and redefine what ‘customer experience’ really means as a brand; a mashup of a design museum, cooking class, and cafe. International barista champions as well as cafe staff choose Fellow products as their de facto tool of choice, which is a proof that our products are professional grade and friendly to a broader audience.
Fellow team is small but made up of dedicated individuals who bring our own ‘craft’ into the profession: sales and marketing, brand, design and engineering, and cafe operations. Collective experiences come from Blue Bottle, Oracle, IDEO, Intuitive Surgical, GoPro, and Stanford Graduate School of Business, just to name a few.
Born out of a passion in craft, boosted via Kickstarter campaigns, and gained relevance and adoption by professionals and the community, Fellow is at a phase change moment to propel the company forward while deeply grounded in products, brand, and operation.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Fellow’s product portfolio expands into more ‘smart’ products, this person plays a significant role as an early member of mechatronics engineer joining Fellow’s small product team. Scope spanning across developing Fellow’s next products to analyzing product misbehaviors, the engineer will have hands-on ‘elbow deep’ involvement, wearing many hats along the entire product development cycle. Significant professional growth is expected.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Product Development: initiate and own new product development.
- Research: analyze competitive landscape, understand regulatory requirement, investigate technical root cause, and provide recommendations.
- Manufacturing and Quality Control: support production at contract manufactures, incorporate process improvement, document quality control SOP, own sustaining engineering for current products.
The engineer reports to director of Product Design and Engineering.
- 2-4 years of mechatronics hardware experience in consumer electronics, power tools, home appliances (or similar relevant industry)
- Experience in EE system architecture
- Experience in control systems
- Experience in specifying PCB design
- Experience with high voltage (110V, 220V) is a plus
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements is a plus (US and International: UL, CE, etc)
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers in Asia is a plus
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong critical thinking
- Inquisitive and self starter
- Attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
- Prioritization skills to work on “Important but not urgent”
- Excellent communication skills, including communication with English as a second language
- Flexible team player
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Concentration in Smart Products, Mechatronics, Robotics is a plus.
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Rare and Exceptional Experience:
- Exposure to and elbow-deep experiences in what it takes to bring a physical product to market
- Involved in and eventually lead product development all the way through: from initial conception to display in retail store
- Small, fun and dynamic environment
- Competitive PTO plan
- Generous restricted stock option plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited specialty coffee beans
- Close proximity to Mission district and BART stops in San Francisco
The location of this opportunity is in San Francisco, CA.
Please send your resume to Jake Miller (email@example.com) with the subject line, “Mechatronics Product Engineer”.
Fellow Store Sales Associate
We are looking for a friendly, driven and knowledgeable retail Sales Associate to join the team at Fellow’s first-ever showroom and retail location! Fellow offers an elevated and considered approach to brewing coffee, and now has the opportunity to share our designs in person with coffee lovers and professionals alike- And right here in San Francisco; the heart of one of the most thriving coffee communities in the world.
- Loves and possesses reasonable knowledge of and experience with specialty coffee
- Passionate about design and quality
- Great with people
- Constructive problem solver and thinks quick on your feet
- Comfortable with going through pour-over demos with guests
- Receptive to constructive feedback
- Reliable and demonstrates good decision quality
- Fluent in english
- Greet guests as they enter the store, offer guidance and support
- Possess a thorough understanding of our products and effectively communicate this with customers
- Use knowledge and resources to answer questions
- Handle and maintain shop space and brewing equipment
- Strive for customer engagement and satisfaction
- Highschool diploma
- Customer service experience
- Specialty coffee experience
- Open to constructive feedback and education
Part Time Positions Available (14-25 hrs /week)
Hourly compensation based on experience
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume