Customer Service Associate
Can you make strangers happy?
Fellow is looking for a positive, thoughtful, and quick-thinking Customer Service Associate to support the use of our coffee tools out in the wild.
This is a part-time position, (20-30 hours/week) available remotely anywhere in the state of California.
Customers have questions; you will have answers. Your job will be to answer customers’ questions in a timely manner and be their voice as we develop new products and refine the ones we have.
Fellowproducts.com is the epicenter of the Fellow brand. You’ll help ensure a positive and frictionless relationship with our closest customers. Your domains will include the following:
- Customer Service: Where is our stainless steel from? How do I brew pour-over? When is my order arriving? You’ll be fielding all in-bound customer service emails and questions through Zendesk and our social channels (i.e., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter). You’ll not only process returns, deal with disputes, and prevent fraud, but also help customers fine-tune their brew recipe and pick out the perfect Fellow gift.
- Order Logistics and Fulfillment: You will be one of our key points of contact with our fulfillment warehouses around the world. You will help ensure timely deliveries of B-to-C orders and provide support when needed.
- Product Expert: You will be intimately familiar with our product line. You will answer specific product questions, and be able to help customers find the best product for their home or business.
A typical shift could look as follows:
You will answer all customer emails quickly and efficiently via Zendesk, look into missing/late shipments via our fulfillment platform, identify trends in customer feedback and report these to the Operations team, and come up with creative solutions to keep customers happy.
A bit about Fellow:
Fellow began as a Kickstarter and grew into an online shop and IRL storefront in San Francisco's Mission District. We bring the third-wave coffee experience to people's homes, via beautifully designed coffee-ware. We currently have a small, passionate, and committed team that loves to see coffee tools come to life.
A bit about you:
You’re thoughtful, creative, and love helping people. You're an excellent communicator and are proactive about finding and fixing issues.
You’re familiar with the small batch coffee movement and keep hearing how tasty the espresso is at Verve.
You’re also excited to offer new ways for the company to support customers more effectively through communication, design, and marketing.
Lastly, you’re fun and friendly but know when to get down to business. We have some great coffee-related jokes for you.
- 2 - 3+ years of experience in a customer service or operations role
- High proficiency with computers and online support tools such as Zendesk & Google Sheets & Docs.
- Excellent writer and all-round communicator
- An appreciation for specialty coffee would be a nice bonus, but not required
Compensation: Starting at $20/hour, DOE.
To apply: Please attach a PDF of your resume to an email to email@example.com, as well as a writing sample.
Please review the prompts below, and use our website as reference, to reply as if you were writing to a Fellow customer. Try to spend no more than 5 minutes on each response.
I placed an order with you 5 days ago. Where is my order?! I need it by tomorrow.
I am interested in purchasing a kettle for my daughter as a birthday gift. She loves pour-over coffee, and decorates her kitchen in all-white appliances. What would you recommend? I'm also interested in buying her a ticket to one of your classes.
My Stagg EKG won’t turn on. I’ve had it for more than a year, so I think it’s out of warranty. Is there anything you can do to help?