Director of B2B SalesFellow is looking for a Director of Sales to own the wholesale business at Fellow. Today sales is a small but mighty team driving business in more than 40 countries. We’re looking for a leader who wants to build an incredible sales organization to fully capitalize on this momentum. An ideal candidate doesn’t want to be given a playbook, you want to write the playbook.
First, a bit about Fellow:
Fellow’s mission is to help people perfect their ‘liquid craft’ by marrying professional knowledge, relevant functionality, and thoughtful design. We deliver high-end coffee equipment for the world’s best baristas and home enthusiasts.
Fellow is a small but fast-growing company: in addition to our e-commerce site and flagship retail store in the Mission District of San Francisco, you can find our products in Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, West Elm, Amazon, and distributed internationally in over 40 countries. The products have won prestigious design awards like the international RedDot design award, are featured at MOMA design stores, and available in hundreds of the best cafes across America. International barista champions, as well as cafe staff, choose Fellow products as their tool of choice, which stands as proof that our products are professional grade while being friendly to a broader audience.
The Fellow team is made up of around 30 individuals today, each of whom brings our own ‘craft’ into the profession: sales and marketing, brand, design and engineering, and operations. Born out of a passion in craft, boosted via Kickstarter campaigns, and amplified by professionals and the coffee community, Fellow is at an inflection point targeting enormous growth over the next 1 - 2 years, while staying deeply grounded in design, brand, and operations.
Now, more on the role
As Fellow’s Director of Sales you will own B2B sales, spanning everything from major retailers to independent mom and pop coffee shops. We have a footprint in more than 40 countries, so you’ll need to balance both domestic and international sales. The Director of B2B Sales will grow a small, highly-productive team into a world-class operation. To do this, you will set revenue targets and overall strategy, identify and develop key systems and processes, establish reporting and forecasting, and develop team structure and own hiring.
The ideal candidate for this role is a builder who knows how to put a killer sales organization together and isn’t afraid to get his or her hands dirty. As mentioned, there is no defined playbook; you will write the playbook. If this gets you excited...read on.
While Bay Area candidates are preferred, for the right candidate we will allow remote work, provided you work West Coast hours. Domestic and international travel will be expected when it becomes safe to do so (typically 1 or fewer times a month). The position offers a base salary plus performance-based incentives.
- Develop an overarching sales strategy for the wholesale organization, spanning both domestic and international markets; Sales strategy must not only reflect sales plans but also make clear needs from supporting functions (e.g., need a warehouse in Europe)
- Develop and maintain annual and quarterly forecasts for the business, in conjunction with Finance.
- Translate forecasts into individual sales plans for your team and develop pipeline and key metrics to track progress/performance
- Sell executive team and other functions on sales initiatives
- Work closely with director-level team leaders on product, operations, and marketing to execute on a strategic vision for sales
- Hire, train, supervise, and motivate a high-performing team
- Establish a training program to train new Sales employees and establish a culture of continuous improvement amongst the team members
- 8+ years of sales experience with experience selling physical products
- 4+ years of experience managing a sales team
- Experience in building a Sales department from the ground up or reorganizing an existing team
- Experience setting up and managing sales processes
- Experience owning forecasting (no sales operations org currently, so responsibility will fall to the Dir. of B2B Sales in the near term)
- Ability to build pipelines and reports, analyze data, and make strategic or business recommendations based on data and trends
- Capacity to manage various projects and work to tight deadlines
- Robust understanding of fulfillment complications for selling physical products
Bonus points for experience in:
- New Market/market launch
- Major retailer and distributor sales
- Custom/promotional sales
- Building pipeline tracking systems and pipelines
- Sales marketing
- Sales operations
- Able to think strategically while also being willing to get in the weeds and do. Remember, this team is small and scrappy today!
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Knowledgeable in Sales & Marketing trends and best practices
- Highly analytical
- Strong communicator and negotiator
- Strong cross-functional partner
- Strong manager
Apply via email with cover letter & resume to email@example.com