Do you take your coffee strong but your cocktails stronger? Welcome. You’ve come to the right place. The Fellow crew teamed up with Onyx Coffee Lab for one heck of an exciting weekend of events and amusements. On the first evening, our coffee spilled into our liquor cabinet for our Coffee + Cocktails shindig at the Fellow Playground. Dylan Siemens of Onyx Coffee Lab, who also happens to be the current US Brewers Cup Champion, concocted two coffee-infused cocktails: a Cascara Gin and Tonic and a Winter Brew Daiquiri.
Since both cocktails take a little more effort than a vodka cranberry, we suggest serving a round to impress at your next living room soiree. We guarantee a buzzworthy evening!
Cascara Gin + Tonic
This light and sparkly gin and tonic is a refreshing twist on a classic with a cascara concentrate.
- Fords Gin (4 oz)
- Tonic Water (1.5 oz)
- Cascara concentrate (1.5 oz)
- Simple syrup to taste
- Lime wheel
- Cascara Concentrate – Combine 25 grams of cascara to 400 grams of water. Steep for eight minutes.
- Final Assembly – Ice glass. Add gin, tonic, and cascara concentrate. Then, add simple syrup to taste. Garnish with lime wheel.
Winter Brew Daiquiri
Summer does not have dibs on the daiquiri. Spice up a chilly winter night with a tropical-infused cold brew concoction.
- Fords Rum (1.5 oz)
- Lime juice (1 oz)
- Simple syrup (.75 oz)
- Angostura bitters (2 drops)
- Cold brew infused with pineapple (2.5 oz)
- Cold Brew – For a large batch, combine coarsely ground Onyx Sugar Skull Blend (68 grams), room temperature water (16 oz), and fresh cubed pineapple (1 cup). Steep all together for 12 hours.
- Final Assembly – Shake rum, juice, syrup, bitters, cold brew, and ice. Strain into a glass. Add a cube of pineapple from the cold brew batch.
A special thank you to our partner Fords Gin for supplying the liquor at our Coffee Cocktail Night!