Prismo swooped into the Fellow-sphere back in July, and we’ve been riding that AeroPress® Coffee Maker attachment high ever since. If you have no clue what we’re talking about, check out Prismo in action first. If you’re already on the pressure actuated train, keep on reading for a recipe straight from Prismo’s utility belt. Yes, our latest product’s slogan may be “Superpowers for your AeroPress® Coffee Maker,” but coffee isn’t the only hot liquid Prismo brews with finesse. Tea, hot or iced, is on the drink docket as well. Since one of Prismo’s superpowers is its “No Drip Seal,” Prismo creates the perfect seal inside the AeroPress® chamber. This means you can load and steep your hot water and loose leaf without any worries of leaks out of the bottom.
While Prismo can brew any type of tea, we’re letting you in on Fellow’s favorite green tea recipe. We’ve tested and perfected the water, temperature, loose leaf, and stir time ratios. Why? Because we like our tea to taste good, dang it!
Check out the following recipe and step-by-step guide for brewing green tea with Prismo.
- 3g of loose leaf green tea
- 200 mL of water at 175°F
- Stir for 15 seconds
- Steep for three minutes
- Press AeroPress® Coffee maker plunger down (Gently)
1. Twist Prismo onto the bottom of your AeroPress® Coffee Maker.
2. Pour 3 grams loose leaf green tea into your AeroPress® Coffee Maker brew chamber.
3. Pour 200 mL of water at 175°F into your AeroPress® Coffee Maker brew chamber.
4. Stir for 15 seconds and let steep for three minutes.
5. Press your AeroPress® Coffee Maker plunger down with gentle pressure.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
*Safety note – For the sake of this instructional post, we used a thin glass vessel for brewing. Please do not use delicate glass vessels under Prismo while brewing coffee or tea.
Prismo peaked your interested? Pre-order our newest creation here.